Thursday, September 15, 2005

Another One For Jim Morrison

Another One For Jim Morrison Cover Where did he go, that vision-mad soul?
What did he see on his quest?
Who did he meet at the end of his night?
Why did he fail the test?

The shaman is old, a new must be found,
Take the young ones to a height.
Those who would be a shaman must jump.
The one who survives will be right.

He jumped--the serpent-strength filled his soul.
He jumped--the new lizard king.
He jumped--to the Lady he feared would be there.
He jumped--but rose not to take wing.

And I would now follow that worthy's descent,
would dare Medicine's dive.
For I love the path he blazed for us all,
But I, unlike him, shall survive.

jump--the snakes I feared buoy my soul.
jump--my spirit now sings.
jump--to the Lady I know will be there.
jump--can it be I've grown wings?

Copyright (c) 1988 by Sourdough Jackson

Also try this free pdf e-books:

Aleister Crowley - The Soul Of Osiris
Nick Farrell - Notes On Geomancy
Richard Weiss - Recipes For Immortality