Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The River

The River Cover In the midst of death and violence
A light kindling in my heart
Is Beginning to warm my soul
With new life.

I look back at the white water boiling behind me
With a shuddering anger at the treacherous, roiling white light.
I look ahead at the broad, black expanse
Smooth, yet turbulent and rich with wonderful power.

Deep moments of peace are the essence of what is Coming
Deep pools of bliss are the essence of what is coming
Troubles are the food that nourishes a peaceful life
Troubles gently feed bliss with subtle flavours of delight

I bow to all the Deities who are Bringing me wealth unmeasured
And I thank the Lord, and I thank the Lady, and I thank my Self.

Hugh Read 02-15-89

Books in PDF format to read:

Paul Foster Case - The Life Power
Anonymous - The Ripley Scroll
Tuesday Lobsang Rampa - The Hermit
Tuesday Lobsang Rampa - Three Lives