Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Imbolc Charm

The Imbolc Charm Image
In the Belly, Growing!

Hearth Keeping, Earth Stirring

Light Rising, Bread Baking

I keep the Feast of Imbolc!

Bride of the Hearth-Fire, you I call

Lady of the Sacred Well,

Bannock Mother, Font of Sustenance

Take now this offering, here at my Fire.

Bride of the Skills, to you I call

Queen of Poetry, Queen of Artifice

Queen of Healing, Goddess of Inspirations

Take now this offering here at my Fire.

Foster Mother, Cattle Mother

Fire Mother, Well Mother

Beneath your Mantle of Stars

I give you this sacrifice, Mother of Blessing.

Milk of the Mother, Come fill the Cauldron

Let the Land grow soft with your warmth

Let your milk come into the world,

Let me gain every good in the growth of the season

By the Blessing of the lady of Fire and Water!

So, Brigid and all you Powers, I give you welcome at my Fire. Let your light be reflected in my spirit, let your ale flow in my veins. I raise this glass to you, and drink to your divine power. Let me know the health, wealth and wisdom of the Gods and Spirits on this holy feast of Imbolc! So be it!

"Offerings: oat-cakes and milk. Work the rite at your own hearth or home."

Also try this free pdf e-books:

Howard Phillips Lovecraft - The Terrible Old Man
Alfred Elton Van Vogt - The Witch
Pyotr Demianovich Ouspenskii - The Symbolism Of The Tarot

Labels: heaven francis  star west  mythology legends  linear posthumous  prophets lesser feast  eddas north  magic poems  woman answer  blessing earth  apikorsus chaos magick  how to become a wiccan  magic charms and spells  witch spell  mythology greek gods and goddesses