Sunday, June 21, 2009

Self Blessing

Self Blessing Image
This should be performed at the New Moon or at other time of need. It is not to be performed promiscuously.

May be used as a minor dedication or as a minor exorcism to banish any evil influences which may have formed about the person.

Perform this ritual in a quiet place, free from distractions, and nude.

You will need the following:

Salt - about ј teaspoon.
Wine - about an ounce.
Water - about Ѕ oz.
Candle

The result is a feeling of peace and calm. It is desirable that the participant bask in the afterglow so that she may meditate and understand that she has called the attention to the Godhead to herself, asking to grow close to the Godhead in both goals and wisdom.

When you are ready to begin, sprinkle the salt on the floor and stand on it. Light the candle. Let the warmth of the candle be absorbed into your body. Mix the water into the wine, meditating on your reasons for performing the self blessing.

Bless me Mother, for I am your child.
Dip the fingers of your right hand into the mixed water/wine and anoint the eyes.
Blessed be my eyes that I may see your path.
Anoint the nose.
Blessed be my nose, that I may breathe your essence.
Anoint the mouth.
Blessed be my mouth that I may speak of you.
Anoint the breast.
Blessed be my breast that I may be faithful in my work.
Anoint the loins.
Blessed be my loins, which bring forth the life of men and women as you have brought forth all creation.
Anoint the feet.
Blessed be my feet, that I may walk in your ways.
Remain and meditate for a while.

by Ed Fitch. From the early 1960's

Also try this free pdf e-books:

Correllian Times Emagazine - Issue 20 April 2008 Blessed Spring
Al Selden Leif - Pagan Spells Blessings Spells

Labels: aphrodite witch goose  echoes gnosis hymn  fire blessing  white hesiod hymns  younger snorre  gods comedy  bright poet  sunset blessing  critical crowley  wiccan spells online  pictures of the gods and goddesses  easy love spells to do at home  witches witchcraft  white magic spells