Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Charm Upon Rising

A Charm Upon Rising Image
"OK, so I like writing in iambic quadrameter. I must, because I notice that I'm doing it a lot. I'm getting back to work on the Nine Moons, and noticed that while I prescribed a morning gaelic-style water-pouring, I had no text for it. Here is one, vaguely based on themes from Scots morning charms, but set firmly in rhythm and meter, as I think Druidic charms ought to be. It's ultra-simple, but that seems proper for this equally simple custom, and since it's followed by actual shrine work."A CHARM UPON RISING

"To gain the blessing of the day, take fresh water to the eastern door of your home, and pour it outside the doorstep, saying:"

Thou Shining Ones of Moon and Sun

Oh Mighty Ones who guide our way

Oh Noble Spirits, every one

Guide and ward me on this day

Let me walk in wisdom's light

By virtue, strength and love's own way

My word and deed be true and right

Keep and teach me on this day

Oh Fire and Water shine and flow

By Sun and Earth I greet the day

Take you this gift now, as I go

Along my road, my path, my way.

Also try this free pdf e-books:

Howard Phillips Lovecraft - What The Moon Brings
Aleister Crowley - The Cephaledium Working
Phil Hine - On Cursing

Labels: john donne  night divination  norse mythology heroes  odin book myths  chant samhain  bruce coville treasury  myths superstitions  echoes hymn glory  free tarot deck  modern shamanism  god and goddesses symbols  rare magic books